Rockefeller Center is One of Many New York Attractions Located Near Park Lane Hotel – An NY Hotel
Rockefeller Center is a New York Attraction and a National Historic Landmark that draws millions of visitors each year.
About Rockefeller Center:
Rockefeller Center is a 22-acre compound that includes several buildings including Radio City Music Hall. Popular NBC TV shows, such as Saturday Night Live, are filmed here, and people come from all over to see the world-famous Rockettes perform in a variety of shows.
This New York Attraction was completed in 1930, and at the time it was the largest building completed privately. About 30 years later, four towers were added to the original complex. Visitors today will find that there are many Activities to enjoy and shows to see at Rockefeller Center. Visitors can also stroll through the complex admiring the beautiful examples of art deco style architecture.
This well-known New York Attraction is part of the New York City landscape, and is definitely worth a visit.
Why You Should Visit Rockefeller Center:
Whether you love architecture, history, dancing or pop culture, there is something here to interest every visitor. Enjoy the sweeping views from the Top of the Rock Observation Deck which sits 850 feet high. You can also opt for an NBC Studio Tour, a Radio City Music Hall Tour or attend a live taping of Saturday Night Live.
Rockefeller Center is also home to special events such as various performances by the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall and the Rockefeller Center Tree lighting to kick off each holiday season.
Tips for Visiting Rockefeller Center:
- Some visitors underestimate how much there is to do and see at Rockefeller Center. It’s a good idea to learn about all the different Attractions and Tours ahead of time, so you can plan your visit better.
- Consider some of the add-ons to tours that are available. For example, you can meet a Rockette or take part in a mock Rockette audition.
Interesting Facts About Rockefeller Center:
- Rockefeller Center was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1987.
- The New York Attraction is made up of several buildings, including the 14 original Art Deco style buildings, and several pieces of art such as the 45-foot tall sculpture of Atlas.
- The tree used in the annual Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting is between 75 and 90 feet tall. It takes about five miles of lights to make the tree sparkle.
Rockefeller Center Location and Contact Information:
Rockefeller Center is located at 45 Rockefeller Center New York, NY 10111. The phone number is 212-332-6868.