New York Attractions: Times Square is the Most Visited Attraction in the United States and a Favorite of Guests at the Park Lane Hotel – An NYC Hotel
Times Square is a vibrant, electric part of the city. It is here that you will see a Broadway Show and enjoy one of the city’s most popular annual Events: the New Year’s Eve ball drop. Spend some time exploring this New York Attraction during your next stay at Park Lane Hotel.
About Times Square:
Times Square is a well-known area in Midtown Manhattan that is the most visited New York Attraction. Home to the Broadway Theatre District, dozens of NY Restaurants, Museums, and Clubs, it is easy to see why Times Square draws tens of millions of visitors each year.
This iconic neighborhood, sometimes called “The Crossroads of the World” is a must on every first-time visitor’s itinerary. The huge neon signs and massive crowds will let you know right away that Times Square is unlike any other place in the world.
The Park Lane Hotel – A Central Park Hotel is conveniently located, so you will be able to easily visit Times Square and other top New York Attractions.
Why You Should Visit Times Square:
When you visit Times Square you will have much of the best of New York within reach. As you enjoy the busy hustle and bustle of the crowds, you may find that you keep looking up at the signs that illuminate Times Square 24 hours a day.
New York Attractions like Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum and Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum are located in Times Square as are dozens of Restaurants. If you see a Broadway Show during your stay at The Park Lane Hotel, it is in Times Square that you will enjoy this NYC Activity as well.
Times Square may be just one slice of New York City, but it is a slice that showcases some of the best that New York has to offer.
Tips for Visiting Times Square:
- If you want to eat like a local in Times Square then consider Carmine’s, an Italian restaurant or the well-known Carnegie Deli. Junior’s, also located in Times Square is another popular choice as their cheesecake is said to be some of the best in the city.
- It’s hard to picture just how crowded Times Square is until you visit. If you want to stop to look at a sign or building or to take a picture, you should move off to the side a bit to allow foot traffic to continue.
- Don’t try to see everything in one day. Pick out a few things you’d like to see and focus on them. If it’s your first visit to The Park Lane Hotel – An NYC Hotel don’t worry: Once you see how fabulous NYC is, it won’t be your last!
- Make your first stop the Times Square Museum and Visitor Center. Here you can learn about the many New York Attractions in Times Square and buy tickets for Tours and Broadway Shows.
Interesting Facts About Times Square:
- According to Travel + Leisure Magazine, Times Square is the most visited attraction in the United States. More than 42 million visitors go to this New York Attraction each year.
- Times Square is one of the world’s busiest areas for foot traffic, and more than 330,000 people pass through Times Square every day.
- Times Square got its name in 1904 in honor of the New York Times new office buildings that were located here. Prior to that it was called Longacre Square.
- More than 1 million revelers will gather for the famed New Year’s Eve celebration that takes place each year in Times Square.
Times Square Location and Contact Information:
Times Square is located from West 42nd Street to West 47th Street between Broadway and Seventh Avenue. The phone number for the Times Square Museum and Visitor Center is 212-452-5283.