Guests at Park Lane Hotel – A Central Park Hotel Can Enjoy Nearby NYC Museums Such as the New York City Fire Museum
The New York City Fire Museum is a popular NYC Museum that boasts one of the largest collections of fire-related artifacts and documents in the world. Visit this NY Attraction during your next stay at our Central Park Hotel.
New York City Fire Museum
Address: 278 Spring Street New York, NY 10013
About the New York City Fire Museum
The New York City Fire Museum is an NYC Museum that boasts one of the largest collections of fire-related artifacts in the world. This Museum has been in its current location since 1987, and it is a popular Attraction that appeals to both children and adults.
The New York City Fire Museum is housed inside the former home of Engine Co. No. 30. The Beaux Arts building, which was completed in 1904 and is the perfect place for the Museum’s permanent collection of more than 10,000 fire related objects.
The collection includes items from the late 18th century to the present day. Visitors to this NYC Museum will see antique fire carts and trucks, helmets, badges, firefighting equipment and much more. There is also a permanent memorial to the 343 firefighters who gave their lives following the attacks on 9/11. Artifacts found at the recovery site are on display in the memorial section of the Museum.
Consider a visit to this popular Attraction during your next stay at our Central Park Hotel.
Tips for Visiting the New York City Fire Museum
- Allow between 1 and 2 hours to explore this NYC Museum.
- While children will surely be fascinated by the big red trucks, please keep in mind that these are valuable antiques and children must never be allowed to climb on the trucks or carts.
- Hands-on bunker gear and helmets are available for visitors of all ages to try on.
- The Museum does not have its own parking lot, but there are city lots located adjacent to the Museum. Some street parking is available as well.
Interesting Facts About the New York City Fire Museum
- The New York City Fire Museum’s collection includes more than 10,000 objects. They also have a massive collection of documents and photographs.
- The Museum includes a fake apartment that can be filled with artificial smoke in order to teach children about fire safety.
- The New York City Fire Museum hosts temporary exhibits such as photography collections. Check for current exhibits when planning a visit to this NY Attraction.