Park Lane Hotel – A Luxury Hotel in New York is Located Near Many of the Top New York Museums Including the Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is the largest art Museum in the country. The New York Museum is home to more than two million objects spanning 17 categories.
About the Metropolitan Museum of Art:
The Metropolitan Museum of Art was established in 1870, and it is the largest art Museum in the country. The two million square foot New York Museum is also one of the ten largest in the world. More than two million objects are included in the Museum’s permanent collection.
The exterior of the building is a beautiful example of Beaux Arts design. When you step through the doors you will discover hundreds of galleries filled with works across dozens of categories including Asian Art, Greek and Roman Art, American Art, photography and more.
If you can only visit one New York Museum during your stay at Park Lane Hotel then this world-class art Museum is a good choice.
Why You Should Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art:
The Metropolitan Museum of Art features a massive collection of objects from periods spanning thousands of years and from all over the world. For art lovers, this is one of the must-see New York Attractions. Even if you have visited before, there is always something new to see thanks to the many temporary exhibits that the Museum hosts each year.
In addition to its impressive collection, the Museum also offers a number of special programs and Events including talks, workshops, hands-on art making programs, Tours and live concerts.
Tips for Visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art:
- If you want to see everything on display at this New York Museum then plan on visiting more than once. The Museum is huge, so you’ll have to spend more than one day here if you want to be able to take the time to appreciate the beautiful paintings, sculptures and other objects on display.
- If you don’t know where to begin, consider participating in the Museum Highlight Tour.
- While the Museum has a “pay what you wish” policy, it is recommended that visitors pay the suggested admission of $25 in order to help the Museum meet its operating costs.
Interesting Facts About the Metropolitan Museum of Art:
- The vast collection includes objects in seventeen categories. You will see an Egyptian mummy, Greek statues and an ancient sarcophagus in the same Museum where you will find works from masters like Vermeer, Rembrandt and Monet.
- More than five million visitors explore the Metropolitan Museum of Art each year.
- The most expensive item in the Museum is the 14th century painting Madonna and Child by Duccio di Buoninsegna. The Museum purchased this 11 x 8 ¾ painting in 2004 for a cool $45 million.
Metropolitan Museum of Art Location and Contact Information:
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is located at 1000 5th Avenue New York, NY 10028. The phone number is 800.662.3397.