Visitors to Park Lane Hotel and Other Top Hotels in New York Will Enjoy Exploring Central Park and All that this New York Attraction Has to Offer
Central Park is a New York Attraction that draws 35 million visitors each year. With so many Activities and Events to enjoy at this historic park, it is no wonder that it is the most visited park in any U.S. city.
About Central Park:
Central Park is an 840-acre patch of green located in New York City. The Park opened in 1857 making it the first public park in the country. This New York Attraction is a hugely popular destination for guests of Hotels in New York like The Park Lane Hotel, and there are many Activities and Events to enjoy here.
While taking a carriage ride through Central Park may be one of the better known ways to spend some time here, there are dozens of other things to do and see at this beautiful and historic park.
When you stay at The Park Lane Hotel – A Luxury Hotel in New York, Central Park will be your backyard. You will be able to walk out of the Hotel and enjoy this New York Attraction that is just steps away.
Why You Should Visit Central Park:
More than 35 million visitors come to Central Park each year, and there are many reasons to visit. The Park is more than just a beautiful place to take a stroll. There are dozens of activities to enjoy throughout the year. Some of this New York Attraction’s most popular Activities are birding, rock climbing, jogging and photography.
Several manmade lakes, natural woods, and lovely gardens make visitors feel like they have stepped into an urban oasis, and that was one of the goals when the idea for Central Park was conceived. Among the Park’s 25,000 trees are 1,700 American Elm trees. This is significant, because it is one of largest groups of this tree in the country.
Kids love visiting Central Park as much as adults in part thanks to the 3 playgrounds found on the grounds. There are also 6 miles of paved road which is closed to automobile traffic on weekends. These are wonderful places for biking, skating, and other activities.
Visitors will also find Attractions many New York Attraction. Examples include the Central Park Zoo and Belvedere Castle.
Tips for Visiting Central Park:
- Seasonal activities are very popular in Central Park. If you visit during the spring or summer, you can enjoy a gondola ride or rent a rowboat. During the winter, ice skating and sledding are options for some cold weather fun.
- Kids can enjoy a spin on the carousel. Central Park’s carousel is one of the largest in the United States. It was added to the park in 1951, and it features horses that were carved in 1908.
- Riding Pedicabs and carriages are 2 fun ways to explore Central Park.
Interesting Facts About Central Park:
- This New York Attraction became a National Historic Landmark in 1962.
- Before construction of the Park could begin, more than 1,600 residents, many of them freed former slaves, had to be evicted from the land.
- Several popular Events take place in Central Park each year including Shakespeare in the Park and open air concerts by the New York Philharmonic.
Central Park Location and Contact Information:
Central Park is located from 59th Street to 110th Street. The phone number is 212-310-6600.